Enclosed rooms with awnings provide a comfortable, relaxing environment for you to spend time in. There are two common types of enclosed porches. A glass enclosure, often called a sunroom, solarium, or sun porch is reinforced to endure the elements. On the other hand, a screen enclosure uses wire mesh to keep out bugs; this type offers a cool outdoor breeze with the security of keeping away insects. Every kind of porch has its pros and cons; they both offer a variety of benefits to your home.
We’ll look at two types for today’s article—glass and screen—and why your building needs them.
Glass enclosures with awnings tend to be easier to heat and keep warmer in the winter. They are also less likely to take damage from the elements or debris and are thus more resilient. Identifying the right kind of enclosure for your building will be the first step toward providing all of the benefits that it can offer your property.
On the other hand, screen enclosures offer more natural light with less glare and better temperature control than sunrooms or glass because there is nothing but the screen between you and the outdoors. They are also more affordable than glass enclosures.
Why Your Building Needs Them
Whether it’s a glass or screen enclosure, either choice presents these benefits to its users:
- They increase property values: An enclosed room in your building can increase its value, especially if it has awnings. The more usable space your building has, the more it will be worth. Adding a new enclosure is often viewed as a luxury improvement to your building, which you can quickly sell for a high rate of return if you decide to move.
These fixtures will also provide more appeal if you intend to sell your home. Luxury improvements tend to have a high return on investment if you want to sell the structure.
- Comfort: Enclosing parts of your building with glass or other panels will create an environment where you can enjoy beautiful views of the outdoors. The outdoors can be relaxing and fun to spend time in, exposing you to bugs and UV rays, rain, and other natural elements. By adding a glass enclosure to your building, you can still enjoy the beauty of the outdoors while protecting yourself from bugs, rain, and UV rays.
- Insect repellent: By preventing insects from entering, screens and glass enclosures help create a far more comfortable outdoor environment than those that don’t offer such protection. This lets you enjoy spending time outdoors without worrying about being bitten by mosquitoes, ticks, or other pests.
- Safety: Pets and children get injured frequently outside the home; predators, cars, and falls are just a few of the threats. If you feel like spending time supervising your kids and pets would take away from yourself or your career, enclosed rooms can provide a safe space for your pets and children to enjoy being outdoors.
- Outdoor dining: Hosting an outdoor dinner can be fun and romantic, especially with awnings. They provide a fantastic scene for dinner while protecting an enclosed room without any bugs, weather, or other intrusions interrupting that particular moment.
Whether glass or screen, enclosures benefit whichever building they’re installed in. Ensure you work with a legitimate contractor to secure these value-increasing, comfort-giving furnishing in your home or facility!
Find enclosures and awnings on the Sunshine Coast from Excelfit now! We design awnings, carports, enclosures, and more for you. Visit our website to learn more!