Garages are like any other kind of home improvement project in that they are a fantastic investment regardless of your homeownership goals. Whether you’re looking for a space to put your car or a perfect location to set up your home gym, garages are perfect for any kind of purpose that you have in mind.
Once you save enough money to build your ideal space, it’s nearly impossible not to go all-out on your home improvement project. Such areas are blank canvases that are subject to your interpretation, after all!
Now that you’re ready to build your ideal garage finally, the chances are that you’re finally putting your plans together and setting it all in stone before starting the construction process. However, it’s important to note that there are various factors you need to consider before building your dream garage.
Key Factors to Consider When Building a Garage
A few critical points need to be ironed out for the best results regardless of your final purpose. If you want everything to go smoothly so that you have a world-class example sitting right on your property, here are things to keep in mind:
1. The Desired Space
Building a garage is a process that begins with assessing the size of your space. Generally, this point of consideration is broken down into four key factors:
- Available land space: The available land space for your garage should be observed as a means to determine the maximum space available. For instance, if the area will be used for car storage, car access to the garage should also be considered.
- Vehicle size: The most common purpose of a garage is to house cars, so it is vital to determine how many cars you plan on fitting in your area and their respective sizes. Measuring your vehicle’s height, length, and width will be much easier to finalise the space you will be using.
- Storage needs: Another key point for consideration should your present and future storage requirements. Unless you’re solely using your garage for parking cars, then you should go for a size that’s larger than standard so that you can store things with ease.
- Open space: Apart from cars, land space, and storage needs, it’s also important to consider the amount of open space available to you. Best practice dictates that you should have at least 80cm allowed on either side of your parked cars so that you have enough room to move around.
2. The Desired Style
Once you’ve determined the size of your garage, the next step of building your dream space is to decide which style you’re going for. You have four standard options to choose from:
- Gable roof sheds
- Cyclonic gable sheds
- Flat roof sheds
- Rural and industrial sheds
If none of these options is attractive, you can opt for a custom design instead. Fortunately, you can enlist the help of a dependable and experienced professional such as Excelfit to help you put together your desired look and structure style!
Putting a dream garage together always makes for an exciting experience that is worth looking forward to. However, you shouldn’t let excitement get in the way of proper planning. By considering these factors, your dream structure will become real in no time!
If you’re looking to build a garage/carport or patio for your home on the Sunshine Coast, then trust Excelfit. With years of experience in the industry, our experts will surely build the structure that will complement your home. Get in touch with us today to learn more about our services!