When constructing a carport, the most often asked question is, “What size carport should I get?” When considering the construction of a carport, it is critical to examine how the carport will be used. Are you only using it to store your vehicles? Perhaps you need it to be large enough to accommodate your work vehicle or caravan comfortably, or you would want to use it for extra storage. Carport sizes are seldom conventional.
Carports are frequently among those constructions you will only get to build once, so getting the size correct is critical. Making sure that you have chosen the suitable size for your needs is also advantageous in safeguarding your investment in the long run.
The Standard Industry Sizings
Carport sizes are divided into two categories:
• Single (3m x 6m) – standard carports
• Double carports (6m x 6m) – Double Carport
We can design a carport to meet your exact needs for larger projects.
Factors That Influence the Size of a Residential Carport
A few distinct elements might limit the amount of carport that can be constructed at your home. These are some examples:
• Vehicle Type: This is perhaps one of the most obvious factors. If you are looking for a large carport to house your luxury sedan, you certainly won’t want one that is fitted to fit a small hatchback. The size of the vehicle will largely determine the type and size of the carport that you can install. If you don’t have a vehicle, you still want to look at the property you are buying to determine whether the carport will fit or if the house you are purchasing is small enough to allow for one to be built.
• Number of Vehicles: If you have multiple vehicles, you will want to ensure you get a carport that can accommodate all of your needs. This can be difficult if you have multiple luxury cars and a large ute. It is essential to consider the overall size of your vehicles.
• Storage: If you are building a carport, there is a good chance that you will want to use it for more than just sheltering your vehicle. Likely you will want to use it to house several different items, and if this is so, you will need to consider how much storage space you think you will need. If you have a small family and only have one or two cars, you probably won’t need much storage space. If you have several children with lots of sporting equipment, bikes, other toys, etc., you will need to have a large storage space.
• Vehicle Height: The height of your vehicle will also be a significant factor. If you have a large caravan, motorhome or boat, you will want to ensure that the carport is tall enough to accommodate your vehicle. Most standard carports are designed to accommodate vehicles up to 4.5 metres; anything over this requires a custom design.
Choosing the Correct Size for Your Carport
Measure your largest vehicle from front to rear, vertical elongation, and side to side to find the ideal size carport for your property. By building the proper size, you can save money on extra materials in the future.
Take the time to verify that your carport is made of the best steel to guarantee that you are getting the highest quality and protection for your vehicle.
Deciding to build a carport is a big step. You want to ensure that you are doing so at the right time and in the right place. Getting your carport design right is paramount. We have seen people who have had to get a couple of carports to accommodate their needs. You want to ensure that you’re getting the right size the first time.
If you’re looking for a specialist to help you build carports in Brisbane, Excelfit can expertly do the job. We’re a design and construction firm that has been designing and constructing fully engineered awnings, carports, pergolas, inclosures, and more. Check out our services today!